Take the MyExostar User Experience Survey
  • Federated Identity Service (FIS)

  • FIS Medium Level of Assurance Digital Certificate In-Person Proofing Requirements

    If you are a supplier located in the United States, our vendor NotaryGo (Formerly known as Nations Direct) will contact you to set up a proofing appointment with one of their trusted agents for Medium Level of Assurance (MLOA) Certificates.  For users outside the United States, a trusted agent from Verify Europe will contact you to set up a proofing appointment for Medium Level of Assurance (MLOA) Certificates.

    You will be required to bring the originals of the following documents for the proofing session. No photocopies will be accepted: However, the Employment Verification Letter does not require an original, and photocopies will be accepted during the In-Person Proofing session.

    Employment Verification Letter: The employment verification letter should be printed on your company's letterhead and duly signed by an authorized executive within your company.  Click here to see a sample of a verification letter. 

    How is my information secured?  Click here for information on data privacy and retention.

    Identity Verification Document(s)

    Here is a list of acceptable documents for the proofing session:

    LIST A: One item from this list fully satisfies the proofing requirement:

    • U.S. Passport or Passport Card
    • REAL ID Act compliant Picture Identification, identified by the presence of the DHS REAL ID star
    • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
    • Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
    • Foreign passport with I-551 stamp
    • Foreign passport with Form I-94 or I-94A
    • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
    • Certificate of Naturalization

    LIST B: One item from this list PLUS one item from List C, satisfies the proofing requirement. 

    • Driver's license or ID Card issued by U.S. government authority, containing personal information and photograph
    • Student ID card with photo
    • U.S. Military ID card or draft record
    • U.S. Military dependent's ID card
    • Voter registration card
    • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
    • Driver's license issued by Canadian government authority
    • Native American tribal document

    LIST C: One item from this list PLUS one item from list B, satisfies the proofing requirement. 

    • U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration
    • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by U.S. government authority
    • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by U.S. Dept. of State (Form FS-545)
    • Native American tribal document
    • U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197)
    • ID card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
    • Employment authorization document issued by DHS